We are committed to protecting your privacy. We constantly review our systems, software and data to ensure that any personal information is kept private giving our customers the best possible service.
- You own all rights to the content. The content has been created by you, or properly licensed to you. You agree that you have direct permission from other parties appearing in the post to grant us the right of use.
- Half Hitch Tackle may use your name, photo, video content, testimonial, likeness and social media handle for marketing and other purposes, including but not limited to: Our website, newsletter emails, social media, print and in-store advertising. You also grant us the right to modify your original content.
- Your agreement for us to use your photos does not entitle you to any type attribution or credit, royalties or financial compensation of any kind.
- You will retain ownership of your content including the copyright but grant Half Hitch Tackle an irrevocable, royalty-free license and right to use this content for an indefinite period of time.
Customer and user records are kept confidential and will not be sold, rented or given to any third party including trusted business partners, suppliers, distributors, or merchants. Personal information including names, phone numbers, mailing address, email address, demographics are all kept private unless legally required to the appropriate authorities. We will only use this information to communicate with you. If, at anytime, you would like to opt out of an E-Mail list or mailing list please do so securely using the link at the bottom of each email or by writing to us 2206 Thomas Dr. Panama City Beach, FL 32408 or call us at 888-668-9810. However you may be missing out on important outdoor information, tips and special offers.>
We Care for Your Security
We understand that you're concerned about the security and privacy of your online transactions. This is why we use Comodo to ensure that your valuable data, such as credit card details, are encrypted when you interact with our site.
"How do you secure my payment information?"
We employ state-of-the-art data encryption to ensure safe and secure transactions to our site.
Your computer and ours agree to transpose whatever we are sending into an unintelligible "hash" of characters, using a technology called SSL. For example:
3048 0241 00C9 18FA CF8D EB2D EFD5 FD37 89B9 E069 EA97 FC20 5E35 F577 EE31 C4FB C6E4 4811 7D86 BC8F BAFA 362F 922B F01B 2F40 C744 2654 C0DD 2881 D673 CA2B 4003 C266 E2CD CB02 0301 0001
Without the information on your computer or ours, no one can understand our encrypted communication.
For your safety, please expect anyone who communicates confidential information with you on the Internet to use encryption, the way we do.
What is SSL?
Secure Sockets Layer, SSL, is the security technology for encrypting a link between a web server and a browser. All data passed between our web server and your browser remains private and secure.
Whenever you communicate with us on our payment pages, a small yellow padlock appears in the bottom right-hand corner of your browser as a sign that we are now engaging SSL. (Another sign on some browsers is that when you enter the secure area of the site, the background of the address bar turns dark yellow or bright green. You'll also notice that http:// is replaced by https:// (The 's' stands for 'Secure').
"How do I know you are a real organization?"
To generate an encrypted SSL transmission, a web server requires an SSL Certificate. Checking a website's certificate is good practice that helps you avoid spoof websites, sometimes called "phishing" sites. To check the certificate, click on the padlock. Your browser will show you the name of the owner of the certificate. This name should match the name of the website operator.
Our SSL certificates are issued by a leading certificate authority, Comodo CA. Comodo is Web Trust-compliant, meaning that their business practices and processes have been rigorously audited according to AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) guidelines by an independent approved auditor (Ernst & Young).
Comodo High Assurance certificates enable a high level of encryption. They also confirm that a company is a legally accountable organization.
To receive a High Assurance SSL Certificate from Comodo, we had to demonstrate to them that we are an existing business, along with our control over the domain you are visiting. When you shop online, you deserve to be know who you are interacting with.
Seeing a site with a High Assurance SSL Certificate, confirms two essential factors:
- That you have a secure SSL (encrypted) link with this website
- That this website represents a real organization
To find out more about SSL or Comodo, please visit Instant SSL.